It is important to protect our homes and our families. Here are 5 small things we don't think about, but need to check on every once and a while.
1. Check all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. If the batteries are out, they aren't any good!
2. Get motion detector lights outside. These are great for deterring a burglar that comes up on the side or or back of your house. There are many cost effective, easy ways to DIY these too!
3. Check all window and door locks. I know we dont always open the windows, or some doors, so it is good to check them all and make sure they are working and still locked.
4. Don't post family vacations until you get home. With all the social media, it is hard to not share your excitement with everyone, but this is a great way for burglars to target your home knowing it will be vacant while you are gone. A break in can result in a claim on your home insurance, and higher insurance rates. If you are close with your neighbors, ask them to watch your house while you are away, but don't share your trip on social media until you get back!
5. Consider getting a PO Box. With your home mailbox accessible to anyone, it is a good idea to get a PO box for all important documents to go to. This keeps minimal mail coming to the house with personal information and will help prevent identity theft. This is also something that can result in a claim on your home insurance, and will help prevent that!
These are just a few spring home safety tips...stay tuned for more!
Corin Insurance Group, LLC....where you're not just a policy, you're a person...